Thursday, March 23, 2017 by: Vicki Batts
Will Monsanto finally get what they deserve for their crimes against humanity? The Miller Firm hopes to bring the corporate giant to their knees by pursuing a lawsuit that shows Roundup can cause non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
And perhaps, in their pursuance of this litigation, the EPA will be taken down, too.
Email evidence indicates that not only did Monsanto help write the so-called cancer studies on Roundup, but that EPA officials colluded to keep reports on glyphosate’s carcinogenic status in favor of the industry. Former EPA scientist Marion Copley’s heartbreaking email not only illustrates the cancer-causing capacity, but that the EPA is riddled with corruption and greed.
Copley’s letter describes a host of ways in which glyphosate can cause cancer:
- Endocrine disruption
- Free radical formation and inhibition of free radical-scavenging enzymes
- Genotoxicity — which is key in cancer onset
- Inhibition of certain DNA repairing enzymes
- Inhibiting the absorption of essential nutrients
- Renal and pancreatic damage that may lead to cancer
- Destruction of gut bacteria and suppression of the immune system
“Any one of these mechanisms alone listed can cause tumors, but glyphosate causes all of them simultaneously. It is essentially certain that glyphosate causes cancer. With all of the evidence listed above, the CARC category should be changed to ‘probable human carcinogen,’” Copley states. Copley passed away in 2014, before the IARC finally did come to reach this conclusion.