MI5 has launched a probe into its own failure to flag the threat posed by the Manchester suicide bomber, Home Secretary Amber Rudd said.
In an interview with Sky News, Rudd said the self-probe by the intelligence agency is “the right first step” in learning the lessons from last week’s concert bombing.
“There is a lot of information coming out at the moment about what happened, how this occurred, what people might or might not have known. And I think it is right that the MI5 takes a look to find out what the facts are,” she said.
The secretary added that in the future “we can look if anything else might need to be done” in terms of investigating the security breach, but stressed that at the moment, the focus should be on wrapping up the operation triggered by the May 22 terrorist attack.
Earlier the BBC reported that the MI5 had been alerted about Salman Abedi’s extremist views at least three times before he brought a home-made bomb to the exit of Manchester Arena last week.
It added that a separate report into the overlooked threat would be prepared for ministers and officials overseeing the work of MI5.
READ MORE: Members of Manchester bomber network may still be on the loose – UK home secretary
Abedi, a British-born man of Libyan descent, was one of 20,000 people identified by the MI5 as a threat, but not one of the 3,000 people who are under active investigation, according to a Reuters source.
On Monday, British police reported arresting the 16th individual suspected of connections with the Manchester bombing. The 23-year-old man was arrested in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, “on suspicion on offences contrary to the terrorism act,” Greater Manchester Police tweeted.
Two have been released without charge, while 14 men remain in custody for questioning, the police said.
READ MORE: ‘Happy to hysterical in seconds’: Witnesses recall Manchester Arena blast
On Sunday, the UK scaled down the terrorist threat in the country from “critical” to “severe.”
The suicide bombing killed 22 people as young as eight and left 59 injured on May 22. The attack, for which Islamic State (IS formerly ISIS/ISIL) terrorist group has taken credit, is the deadliest in the UK since the coordinated bombings in London in 2005.
Source: UK MI5 intelligence to investigate itself after Manchester attack – Home Secretary — RT UK
On The Manchester Attack…
In a previous post regarding the Manchester bombing, I said a rucksack was used to carry the bomb – All the British news agencies were pushing the line that a bomb vest was used.
Now American intelligence quoting British forensic evidence report that indeed a rucksack was most likely used to carry the bomb – I was aware of this 4 hours after the blast, yet established British Media peddled the lie, even when MI5 knew as I did.
What citizens of the world are NOT being told is why did American intelligence leak the British taken photographs of the bomb parts found at the Manchester attack?
Answer because the US wanted to show the world that the level of sophistication was beyond a ‘Rag Tag Arab Terrorist group’ The bomb detonator indeed had a complex team organising him.
With the terror threat level downgraded from critical, it’s becoming apparent that the British security services had very little intelligence to go on – GCHQ the British / American communications intercepted information detected absolutely nothing – Because the organisers of the attack were conducting all their meetings face to face and not over electronic mediums.
Gatwick & Heathrow Disruption
I have now been told that the huge interference to both Gatwick airport and Heathrow airport in Britain was a targeted attack to measure the level of disruption and effectiveness of such an attack.
Source: Gatwick & Heathrow Disruption | Simon Parkes Official Website
Sheila Zilinsky aka Weekend Vigilante is joined by Dr. Ted Broer to connect the dots on the latest attack in the UK. (Not covered in her previous video) A MUST see!
From Sheila Zilinsky
EXPLOSIVE!! MANCHESTER ATTACK What You Are Not Being Told About It
Source: Explosive Bombshell! What You Are Not Being Told About the Manchester Attack! (Video) Zilinsky | Alternative
Threat Level Raised To Critical
The government of Great Britain has raised the Terror Alert to the ‘Critical Status’.
This is deeply significant and of the highest concern – NOT because more attacks are expected. (I have been warning that this is so for a considerable time! If the establishment bothered to read my updates they would have known weeks ago! But they don’t) It’s of the highest concern because I have been told that this new ‘martial law’ allows the British Army to deploy onto the streets and in all public places, and that the army will ‘support the regular police force’.
This latest attack has paved the way for the start of ‘soldiers on the streets of Great Britain’ – A huge step for a country that has never routinely armed its police.
7 years ago in one of my first ever YouTube videos I said that 2017 was a make or break year, and so it is proving to be!
We stand on the verge of the British election being postponed – civil rights being taken away, and martial law introduced with curfews imposed – These details were I understand laid out at the latest ‘cobra’ government meeting – I appeal to the establishment – “In the name of God, draw back from the brink while you still can”
The next 24 hours are totally and utterly critical in terms of the timeline!
Source: Threat Level Raised To Critical | Simon Parkes Official Website
Proof Of Organised Attacks By Secret Society’s…
Proof beyond doubt that the recent attacks have been organised by a secret society obsessed with symbolism and NOT a rag tag “terrorist” group…
Norway attack 22/07/11
Woolwich attack 22/05/13
It’s also reported that latest attacker was 22 years old – No “ordinary” terror group would strike on the same date of the month again and again – Only occult groups obsessed with ritual.
Source: Proof Of Organised Attacks By Secret Society’s… | Simon Parkes Official Website
President Trump On Manchester Attack
President Trump calls the perpetrators of the Manchester attack – losers – and not Monsters because he says they would like that label.
He is correct, he has sent a message to the Satanic controllers that they will ….Lose….
Source: President Trump On Manchester Attack | Simon Parkes Official Website
In a televised statement from Downing Street, UK PM Theresa May said Britain has increased its security threat level to the highest possible “critical” from “severe”, following Monday’s suicide attack in Manchester that killed 22 people, and she also said members of the army would be positioned at key sites to free up police for patrols and military personnel might be deployed at public events such as concerts and sports events as a further attack was seen as potentially imminent.
“Members of the armed forces deployed in this way will be under the command of police officers,” May said, adding that “we cannot ignore that there is a wider group of individuals linked to Manchester attack”.
The Prime Minister also said the independent body which sets the threat level had recommended it be raised from “severe” after a man named by police as Salman Abedi set off an improvised bomb on Monday night as crowds streamed out of a concert.
“It is now concluded on the basis of today’s investigations that the threat level should be increased for the time being from severe to critical,” she said in a televised statement following a meeting of the government’s crisis response committee. This means that their assessment is not only that an attack remains highly likely but that a further attack may be imminent.”
May continued: “I do not want the public to feel unduly alarmed. “We have faced a serious terror threat in our country for many years and the operational response I have just outlined is a proportionate and sensible response to the threat that our security experts judge we face…
Source: UK Deploys Army As Terror Threat Raised To Critical, May Warns “More Attacks Imminent” | Zero Hedge